Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pool Fun

In 2007, Tyler and I bought a pool similar to the picture below.  The instructions said that the pool must be placed on flat, even ground (obviously) and was a cinch to put together.  Our backyard at the time looked pretty flat.  Apparently it wasn't. 

Gallon after gallon, the pool filled up but one of the sides was tipped over causing water to drain out when the other side wasn't full enough.  We also had problems getting all of the wrinkles out of the bottom of the pool.  We eventually decided it wasn't worth our $350 so we took it back.  We (as in Tyler) loaded it up in the back of Tyler's dad's truck and they took it back to Wal-Mart still dripping with water.  I am SURE those customer service ladies probably didn't have many nice words to say about it, but it's something I still laugh about whenever it comes to mind.
Needless to say, when we decided to buy Savannah and Aaden and little pool for this summer, we bought a smaller, cheaper pool.  We filled it up in no time and they were happy as clams!  It was Savannah's nap time, so she didn't last too long, but loved it while she was in there!



The only time you will see her wear this bikini.  I bought it last winter at Old Navy for $0.97.  It's a size 6-12 months and is just about too small, but I couldn't pass that price up!  Plus, I'm sure I can consign it for a good bit more.


Aaden is a little fish.  He absolutely loves the water.  We are signing him up next year for swim lessons.  I know he'll do great because he's fearless!  He scares me to death in a regular pool because he'll get out and without warning try to jump in.  I already have nightmares of his teenage years.

Even Tyler got in on the fun! Ha! Love making these sweet memories!




No comments:

Post a Comment