Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Merry almost Christmas!

We've been busy lately.  It seems like this time of year always get a little hectic.  Maybe even more than "a little hectic".  We were out to eat this past Sunday and Santa was there!  Poor Aaden didn't care much for the big man in the red suit.  I wish I would have had our camera with us.  He came and stood at our table and Aaden had this look of sheer fright on his face.  Even after he left to go to the other tables, he kept his eye on him.  Maybe next year.....

I love this time of year, but I find myself getting caught up in the trivial things that this season brings.  Gifts...get togethers...you name it.  I pray that Aaden grows up to realize that it's not about toys and Christmas trees.  While those things are fun, I hope that he knows the best gift that he ever received and can give to others is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment