Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Life

 
I don't know about y'all, but we are in full swing pre-school craziness.  Aaden starts pre-k in 2 weeks at a big kid school.  We are leaving our daycare days behind.  He is excited.  We are excited.  Lots of excitement in the Marsh household!  I really can't believe he's even old enough to go to school.  It really feels like yesterday he was learning to walk, then I blinked and he's singing his ABC's and telling me his colors.  He wrote his first "A" a few weeks ago and I almost hit the floor! 

I know this isn't uncharted territory.  I know other parents have gone down this road.  I know I can't be the only one who worries.  I worry that he'll make sweet friends.  I worry and hope that he'll be a sweet friend.  I hope his teachers love on him and guide him to do great things.  I hope they see him like I do....  A precious, barely even 4 year old boy who loves his nap,  refuses to eat anything that is green, is grumpy in the mornings, and has an imagination that Walt Disney would be proud of! 

Tyler and I just pray that the Lord would watch over him as he begins this next chapter of his life.  I know he will.  I know Aaden will be successful.  I don't care if he doesn't make the honor roll, or he is voted Most Popular, Best Dressed, or whatever award they come up with next.  I pray he learns how to be a friend, how to forgive, share, and to be compassionate to others.  I also pray that the Lord guides us in how to parent him the way He wants.

Okay, now on a lighter note.  Did you guys watch the opening ceremonies for the Olympics?  We had been on an official countdown leading up to last Friday night!  I had no idea it was going to last that long.  Goodness!  I never thought they would get through all those countries.  It was beautiful seeing all the nations of people come together under one roof.  I kept thinking about how that's what heaven will be like.  I am thankful for those little glimpses that the Lord provides.




Last Saturday,  our Missisippi State head football coach came to a local car dealership for a meet and greet.  Tyler took Aaden while Savannah and I took a nap.  This is the second time Aaden has had his picture made with Dan Mullen.  He had a great time!  Tyler took him to eat at Umi which is a Japanese steakhouse afterwards.  He also got a snowcone (his fave!)



I have been on the hunt for new scrubs.  Our little town only has 1 store and the selection can be not so great.  My favorite scrubs are made by Med Couture.  They are so comfy which is so important.  Our unit in the hospital has to wear scrubs that have pink or black.  It can really limit the scrubs you can buy when you can only have a certain color.  I already had 2 sets of these, but bought another pair today along with a lab jacket.  They look like this..

 

If anyone has a website or certain brand they like, I'd love to hear! 
 

3 comments:

  1. Preschool is such an amazing time! They learn so much and make such sweet memories. Side note, but I noticed you posted about MS State. I live in Columbus right outside of Starkville. Just thought it would be funny if we were close by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We live in Columbus, too! That is CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete